FOREIGN AFFAIRS & RELATIONS
- 2170 Rayburn House Office Building
- Main: 202-225-5021
- Majority Press: Brad Goehner at 202-226-8467 or email@example.com
- Minority Press: Gabby Adler at 202-226-8467 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairwoman: Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Republican from Florida’s 18th District
- Ranking member: Rep. Howard L. Berman, a Democrat from California’s 28th District
- 446 Dirksen Senate Office Building
- Main: 202-224-4651
- Press: Several representatives can be reached at 202-224-4651 by asking for communications office
- Chairman: Sen. John Kerry, a Democrat from Massachusetts
- Ranking member: Sen. Richard G. Lugar, a Republican from Indiana
The House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations handle proposals related to foreign policy. It reviews international treaties and diplomatic nominations, as well as foreign policy agencies, particularly the State Department. It also looks at proposals for monetary aid to other countries.
The House committee website has hearing-related documents and materials, including witness testimonies, archived webcasts and transcripts, though there is a notable delay before transcripts are posted.
The Senate committee website offers a lot of useful content, including committee reports, witness testimony and archived webcasts. The press office says it also updates its website with transcripts right after its hearings. Also, the committee makes the text of treaties subject to its review available online, complete with access to status updates.